FBN NxG Award Rules and Policies
The Family Business Network is the world’s leading family business organization. ‘By family businesses’ and ‘for family businesses’’FBN is a safe, shared-learning space for enterprising families to flourish across generations, through the exchange of excellent, innovative and impactful practices.
FBN-Code of Conduct
Trust and Openness
The Network is founded on the principles of open communication and trust
Active participation by members is the vital ingredient that makes the Network valuable
Members are committed to sharing experiences and insights in an atmosphere of confidentiality
Respect & Professionalism
Discussions and debates are always conducted in a respectful and professional manner
The Network is not a place to sell products or services to other members. It is a forum to learn from the exchange of ideas, experiences and information
Award Rules & Regulations
For a decade now FBN has been fostering a community of NxG Entrepreneurs through the NxG Award. The community encourages intra and entrepreneurial projects and thought exchange within the members. This unique network of entrepreneurial individuals with family business backgrounds brings together a wealth of knowledge and experience of like-minded individuals.
1) Eligibility - The award can only be awarded to members of FBN:
a) Whose family holds a family membership with a member association of FBN (including FBN World) at the time of application and when the award is given at the global summit
b) Who holds an individual membership with a member association of FBN (including FBN World) at the time of application and still do when the award is given at the global summit
2) FBN reserves the following rights:
a) refuse to disclose to an individual personal information that is evaluative or opinion material compiled solely for the purpose of determining the individual's suitability for receipt of the award
b) to withhold an award in any year in which there is no candidate who meets the selection criteria
3) Members will only be considered for awards for which they have submitted full and complete answers to the questions in the application questionnaire.
4) All materials submitted must:
a) must describe original work
b) must not contain fabricated or false information
5) No deferrals of awards will be allowed. All applicants must make themselves available to receive the award at the Global Summit of the year of the application. Failure to be available will be considered a withdrawal of the application, unless under special circumstances.
6) Receipt of awards is conditional upon the recipient's compliance with all of the terms, conditions, guidelines and regulations as set out in the terms of reference.
7) An independent jury is formed by the NxG Award project team in coordination with FBNi. Jury is generally composed of past winners, FBNi board, NxG members and ad hoc external partners. Jury is led and coordinated by FBN NxG Academic expert.
8) The Academic Expert to the FBN NxG Team coordinates and moderates the decision of the jury. Should no decision be reached among jury members, the academic advisor will be granted an additional vote.
9) Each year, the NxG Award is supported by an academic partner, who sits on the jury and offer a prize to finalists and winner.
Responsibilities of Participants, Finalists, and the Award Winner:
1. Participants agree to complete a survey at the close of the competition designed to determine satisfaction levels and identify areas for improvement
2. The finalists agrees to submit as short annual progress report for three years, starting one year after the receipt of the Award, to communicate progress toward business, family and sustainable goals.
3. The finalists must attend the Global Summit and participate in the award session/ceremony.
Applications open 15th of May
Applications close 30th of June
Selection of up to 10 applicants 15th of July
Decision on 3 finalists 15th of August
Jury interviews with finalists 15th of August till 15th September
Decision on Winner 15th of September
Announcement of the winner Global Summit
Other Terms and Conditions of Participation and Limitation of Liability
All applications become the property of FBN and will not be returned. FBN assumes no responsibility for applications (or portions thereof) that are lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected for any reason whatsoever. FBN shall not be responsible for any errors, negligence, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever that may arise or occur in connection with this Award. The applicants grant FBN the right to use the materials submitted to be used to promote the NxG award and the projects participating in it.
FBN reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Award, or to amend these terms and conditions, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these terms and conditions and disclosures or other statements contained in any Award related materials; these terms and conditions shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. If for any reason, in FBN’s sole discretion, this Award is not capable of running as originally contemplated by these terms and conditions, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or the proper conduct of this Award are corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond its control, FBN reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Award, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice. Subject to applicable law and any required regulatory approval, FBN reserves the right and without prior notice to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these terms and conditions, to the extent necessary, for the purposes of verifying compliance by any applicant with these terms and conditions, or as a result of other problems, or in light of other circumstances which, in the opinion of FBN, affects the proper administration of the Award as contemplated in these terms and conditions, or for any other reason. FBN reserves the right to disqualify from this Award and any future award program or other promotion conducted by FBN, any individual it finds or believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Award, or any website to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participant.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN APPLICANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE AWARD OR ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE AWARD IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FBN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All decisions of FBN and the Award judges are final and binding without right of appeal with respect to all aspects of this Award, including, without limitation, eligibility and disqualification of applicants. This Award is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal law. Void where prohibited.
FBN and the Award judges will not be liable for:
a) any incomplete or inaccurate information caused by any technical or human error that may occur in the capturing and/or processing of applications
b) the theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, applications
c) any failure of any message or email to be received by or from FBN and/or any failure of an application to be captured, recorded or received for any reason;
d) any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Award, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these terms and conditions, the selection and/or announcement of the finalists or the winners; and
e) any combination of the above.